Here’s a little prescription I intend to use in order to chase away my post-show blues and get back into the flow of a winning #artistlife.
I N S P I R A T I O N (20 Minutes Minimum Daily Requirement)
- Chant, Meditate, Affirm, Read
B R E A K F A S T (Daily. May be consumed during the Peak Performance Period when necessary, but no more than 2x per week.)
- A nutrient rich start is a must to jump start a productive day centered on healthy choices. I like granola and fruit or a Protein Superfood smoothie with banana.
P E A K • P E R F O R M A N C E • P E R I O D (Morning Edition. 5-6x Weekly. 4 hours)
- This is time to use the available day time hours when the brain is powered up for productivity and the creative inner child is hungry for an outlet.
- Use this time to scribble out ideas, fill the calendar with meetings, photograph, add detail to a script or plan, follow-up, reach out to new leads, build it, try something new.
- Auditions, Rehearsals, Coaching
L I G H T • P H Y S I C A L • A C T I V I T Y (2x Daily. 15 minute intervals. May be skipped on days of Heavy Physical Activity.)
- Take a break… And while you’re at it, move your body.
- Stretch those tight muscles. Do a few push-ups. Plank for 60 seconds. Cat and Cow, sun salutation, jump rope or do a couple or burpees. Or simply, take a little walk.
H E A V Y • P H Y S I C A L • A C T I V I T Y (3x Weekly. 45 Minutes Minimum Requirement. May be accomplished A.M. or P.M.)
- Whether at your gym, or in a park, committing to a lifestyle that incorporates an exercise regime is simply a no-brainer these days. There’s too much supporting evidence to ignore.
- Hike, Bike, Hot Yoga, Weight Train, Swimming, Running, Boxing, Just Do It.
- (P.S. I know a guy who posts workouts you can do anywhere every Tuedsday and Thursday on IG: @yusef_brewster)
L U N C H (Daily.)
- Because duh.
P E A K • P E R F O R M A N C E • P E R I O D (Afternoon/Evening Edition. 5-6x Weekly. 3 hours.)
- Finishing strong preps you for the kind of consistency necessary for a productive artist life.
- Use this time to revise, add even more detail to a script or plan, get more specific, level up on goals already accomplished, analyze missed opportunities, edit, color correct, fine tune, upload, prepare prompts to head start the next PPP.
- Auditions, Rehearsal, Coaching
D I N N E R (Daily.)
- It’s just a good idea.
- There’s an opportunity here to finish strong with self-care.
T H E • C H E C K - I N • P E R I O D (4-5x Weekly. 30 minutes.)
- With the satisfaction of a day well spent, use this time to catch up on the activity of industry leaders and mentors.
- Research the latest trends, news, data and predictions.
- Use this time to support peers and encourage those next in line.
- Sometimes creativity strikes at random. Strike while the iron is hot!
G R A T I T U D E (Daily.)
- Because Oprah Winfrey.
- Acknowledge a minimum of 5 things for which you are grateful.